I JUST REALIZED NONE OF YOU HAVE EVER HEARD ME TALK
I just imagine you all sound like me
- I’ve never seen many of you either, and so really I just imagine you look like your avatars… Which means some of you look like inanimate objects, and a bunch of you are apparently all the same person.
- Does anyone else just have this nebulous, toneless, genderless, voice that they read things in? The voice in my head isn’t mine, because mine is horrible and I hate it, and is definitely genderless when reading most things. When reading fiction, or writing where I know the gender of the author, it takes on an implicit gender colour, but doesn’t actually ‘sound’ any different.
Maybe that’s just me.
And re: internal voice - I’m the same way. I thought that… was… normal? Do most people perform imaginary dramatic readings? Do they hear voices different from their own? If so, how different?
The smile of a loved one. Your childhood blanket. A handsome bodyguard to take you in his arms. “Security” can mean a lot of things in this crazy life, but nothing says “security” like Tumblr’s two-factor authentication. It’s available as an option in your Settings page as of right now.
You know how you need two keys to launch a nuclear missile? Two-factor authentication works like that. One key is your password, the other key is your cellular phone, and you need both to access your Tumblr Dashboard.
Keep your Dashboard safe and secure, like you do with your nuclear missile. Learn more about two-factor authentication today.
I never usually laugh at these, but I literally just lost it
Tears are streaming down my face oh my god
"I am getting fisted right now" omfg
this made me hysterical help
i think i died.
give love, and you’ll receive love.
[A photoset of smiling animals.]
Vegan Mug Cake Round Up
“That sounds like something out of science fiction!”
“We live in a spaceship, dear.”
CURSE YOUR SUDDEN, BUT INEVITABLE BETRAYAL
- clean bathroom tips
- organize your closet
- how to fix a leaky faucet
- how to keep a clean kitchen
- removing stains from your carpet
- how to coupon
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- how to save money
- How to Balance a Check Book
- How to do Your Own Taxes
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- a list of stress relievers
- how to get free therapy
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency
- no-more-ramen: easy, quick, simple recipes
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- Yummy apple thing
- Brownie in a cup
- Cookie in a cup
- French bread pizza
- Egg tacos
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- various cookie recipes
- chocolate cupcakes w/ eggless cookie dough topping
- s’mores pie
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers
- brownie in a mug
- how to make ramen 1000x better
- eggless cookie dough (not to bake, just to eat)
- make recipes using things you already have
- how to put together a very fancy cheese plate
- make different flavored lemonades
- various desert recipes
- make tiny chocolate chip cookies
- 20 dishes every cook should know
- learn how to make your own tea
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug
- Study snacks (2)
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipes
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- first apartment essentials checklist
- how to care for cacti and succulents
- the care and keeping of plants
- Getting an apartment
- time management
- create a resume
- find the right career
- how to pick a major
- how to interview for a job
- How to write cover letters
- ULTIMATE PACKING LIST
- Traveling for Cheap
- Travel Accessories
- The Best Way to Pack a Suitcase
- How To Read A Map
- How to Apply For A Passport
- How to Make A Travel Budget
To be white, or straight, or male, or middle class is to be simultaneously ubiquitious and invisible. You’re everywhere you look, you’re the standard against which everyone else is measured. You’re like water, like air. People will tell you they went to see a “woman doctor” or they will say they went to see “the doctor.” People will tell you they have a “gay colleague” or they’ll tell you about a colleague. A white person will be happy to tell you about a “Black friend,” but when that same person simply mentions a “friend,” everyone will assume the person is white. Any college course that doesn’t have the word “woman” or “gay” or “minority” in its title is a course about men, heterosexuals, and white people. But we call those courses “literature,” “history” or “political science.”
This invisibility is political.
Painted this last September. I twitch a bit at the irregularities now, but this was a vital first step in remembering/implementing the above message.